TH FWNH in Acts 14:10a

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (
Date: Tue Sep 08 1998 - 15:05:35 EDT

In Acts 14:10a NA27 reads EIPEN MEGALH FWNH, some manuscripts insert TH before
FWNH. If I understand this correctly, the insertion of TH would change MEGALH
from an attributive to a predicate adjective.

Alford makes the cryptic comment that TH was omitted by scribes who didn't
understand it's significance. I must admit that I am with the scribes here
because for me the insertion of TH introduces nothing but problems. Could
someone explain the syntax of this verse given TH FWNH as the accepted

Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point
P.O. Box 255 Seahurst WA 98062