Comparatives/Superlatives in the NT

From: Phillip J. Long (
Date: Thu Oct 08 1998 - 12:04:51 EDT

Is anyone out there teaching with Mounce's grammar? I was preparing a
lesson on forms of the adjectives and thought I would look at what
Mounce had to say. He does not seem to deal with Comparatives and
Superlatives anywhere. I checked the likely places in the TOC, the
index, and the paradigms. I did not see anything on the forms -teros
and -tatos, etc.

Obviously these forms are present in the NT, and I missing something
in Mounce's book?

Phillip J. Long
Asst. Prof. Bible & Greek
Grace Bible College