Re: Comparatives/Superlatives in the NT

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (
Date: Thu Oct 08 1998 - 17:10:45 EDT

Phillip J. Long wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Oct 1998 12:52:31 -0700, you wrote:
> >Mounce is an intro grammar, is it not? Wallace is not an intro grammar. Some
> >intro grammars are quite selective in what they cover.
> Quite right, I am teaching out of an intro grammar that deals with
> comparatives in the 9th lesson. I think that may be unusually early,
> Machen does not get to them until lesson 30 or 33, the same is true of
> Summer's intro textbook.

I just checked the three lightest (physical weight) intro grammars I have,
Efird, Wenham and D.A. Black. They all cover comparatives. Perhaps Mounce has
achieved a first here, like Wenham's shunning the accents, a bold if somewhat
dubious move.

Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point
P.O. Box 255 Seahurst WA 98062