Re: Comparatives/Superlatives in the NT

From: Phillip J. Long (
Date: Thu Oct 08 1998 - 16:05:58 EDT

On Thu, 08 Oct 1998 12:52:31 -0700, you wrote:

>Mounce is an intro grammar, is it not? Wallace is not an intro grammar. Some
>intro grammars are quite selective in what they cover.

Quite right, I am teaching out of an intro grammar that deals with
comparatives in the 9th lesson. I think that may be unusually early,
Machen does not get to them until lesson 30 or 33, the same is true of
Summer's intro textbook.

I may not have explained this clearly, I am teaching classical Greek
in a Bible College and was looking for a NT example to use in class.
I was surprised that he didn't seem to cover the issue at all, so I
was asking if I missed a discussion buried someplace in the book. It
seems I didn't miss it, it is simply not there.

Phillip J. Long
Asst. Prof. Bible & Greek
Grace Bible College