Re: Pluperfect in John 7:30

From: George Blaisdell (
Date: Mon Feb 08 1999 - 17:21:43 EST

>From: "Carl W. Conrad"

> Consider similarly John 2:4, where Jesus tells his mother,
>where the perfective prsent hHKW is used instead of the more >common
perfect or aorist form of ERCOMAI.

The term "perfective present" has me captivated, regarding hHKW, hHKEI,
etc. Does this verb then not have a perfect and pluperfect form? Or is
it derived somehow from ERCOMAI? Or how does it all work? Could you
just discuss it a bit? Its morphology, derivation, and form usages?

Thanks in advance.

Get Your Private, Free Email at