Re: Subject: Teaching yourself Advance Greek

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (
Date: Thu Feb 25 1999 - 14:38:00 EST

Mark Harris

> So instead of memorizing
> those 20+ genitives (like I did at one point), I am picking them up slowly
> but surely through association with the text.

By all means don't memorize the 20+ genitives. I suspect that using the
same approach the produced the 20+ genitives we would soon end up with
50 or a 100+ genitives which in my humble opinion is the best argument
against this scheme which I have in the past compared to butterfly
collecting where you pin each dead insect to a display board under its
proper category and subcategory.

Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point
P.O. Box 255 Seahurst WA 98062