Re: off topic- creation of yet another list?

From: Carl W. Conrad (
Date: Sun Apr 11 1999 - 16:57:25 EDT

At 3:35 PM -0400 4/11/99, Jim West wrote:
>At 02:17 PM 4/11/99 -0500, you wrote:
>>Call me crazy, especially given the amount of time it takes in being involved
>>with Corpus Paulinum, but I'm thinking about setting up yet *another* list --
>>this one to be dedicated to the discussion of critical questions
>surrounding the
>>Gospel of Mark. Do B-Greeks feel that such a list is needed and/or would be
>>viable? Let me know, please.
>Synoptic List already serves this purpose I think.

I respectfully disagree. While GMk gets treated on Synoptic-L, it gets
treated fundamentally in terms of the relevance of anything in Mark to a
solution (or more generally, IMHO, to a NON-solution) of the Synoptic
problem. I personally find GMk the single most fascinating literary
document in the GNT, and I would very much like to see a discussion list
focusing strictly on matters bearing directly on understanding this one
little sequence of 16 chapters. Personally I'd have no use for a list on
Mark that duplicated what Synoptic-L does with Mark.

Carl W. Conrad