Re: FW: virus warning

From: Paul J. Bodin (
Date: Mon May 10 1999 - 13:19:47 EDT

On Mon, 10 May 1999 11:51:49 -0400, Theodore H Mann wrote:

> I know that virus rumors are often just that-- rumors. Still, a close
> friend of mine sent me the following, so I will pass it along.

Please, everybody: the simple act of deciding to "pass it along" is
exactly what is clogging our mail nets with this kind of trash. Do
*NOT* just pass along such warnings without first satisfying yourself
independently that they are legitimate! Mark Goodacre has already
suggested one web site that is an easy source for such authentication.
Another is the site supported by the US Department of Defense at

Please, everybody, before passing on such "information" take the few
minutes to confirm or disconfirm its validity. Internet courtesy is a
bit different from common courtesy--but it makes sense once you
understand it. This is a matter of simple, basic internet courtesy.

 Paul J. Bodin <>
    For PGP public key click
                    or check your favorite keyserver