Re: Greek Vocabulary Builder/Greek Fonts

From: Jonathan Ryder (jpr1001@cam.ac.uk)
Date: Thu May 13 1999 - 05:41:04 EDT

Mark Goodacre wrote:

> What do any of you make of the following "Greek Vocabulary Builder"? I rather
> liked it, though I spotted a few mistakes in it along the way. You will need
> SPIonic installed. I would be interested to hear any comments:
>
> http://myhome.netsgo.com/greekhistory/language/language.html
>
> Mark

Dear List,

Others have commented on Greek font problems re this site. Just to clarify I've found
that when I go to the above link it contains lots of 'gobbledy-gook', which I assume
is Greek, but when I click on 'Greek Vocabulary Builder' at that site, it launches a
floating box where the Greek displays perfectly.

FYI I have Netscape Communicator 4.5 and SPIonic and SGreek installed (the latter is
useful for Perseus), and can see the Greek in Jim West's and Jay Treat's sites that
Mark mentions in his recent post.

Jonathan Ryder

Cambridge
UK