Re: Classical Greek in German

From: Nichael Lynn Cramer (
Date: Mon Jun 07 1999 - 08:25:08 EDT

Carl W. Conrad wrote:
> Looks pretty sophisticated to me. There's one big turnoff only: Why must the
> geocities site insist on putting their popup advertising splash every time
> you open a new page?

Carl (and others interested)

Yes, this is a problem (what is Koine for "really bites"?)

As to "why" the answer is that geocity websites are essentially "free" (in the
American technical sense of costing little or no money); the adverising is
price the user pays for the site.

However, you can alleviate the problem somewhat if, before you enter the site,
you go into the preferences menu for your browser and disable JavaScript.

This should stop the pop-ups from happening. (On the other hand, if the Greek
pages depends on the features of JavaScript to work, then you may be stuck

Nichael Cramer                           nulla dies sine linea