Re: Septuagint Quotations

From: Linda Gray (shavedice@itexas.net)
Date: Sat Jun 12 1999 - 20:41:35 EDT

Is there anything out there where someone just has a listing of what might
be quotes from the Hebrew Scriptures ("Old Testament")?

Mitchell Gray

PS. I formulated a theory about the quotes from the LXX that are not like
the versions of the LXX we know of today. Now, correct me if I am wrong,
but I heard or read somewear that the LXX was expensive and hard to get, so
it might have been unlikely for all of apostles to have a copy of it. So
with many Hebrew versions around and in greater number, the Christian Greek
Scripture penmen such as Paul, Peter, and John, etc. who seemed to have a
working knowledge of both Hebrew and Greek might of made their own
translation from Hebrew into Greek when writing their letters. This would
acount for the fact that their quotes look almost nothing like the LXX we
know of today. Just a thought.