Movov in Philippians 1:27

From: Russell G. Moody II (
Date: Sun Aug 08 1999 - 09:30:41 EDT

Hello Friends,

Being new to this arena, I am a little usure as to the format for opening
discussions on different subjects. Are Greek words transliterated for
discussion? Bear with me please...

In my training I attempt to establish a discourse analysis of the text with
which I am working (Cottrell and Turner)--

In Philippians 1:27 'Movon' seems to function in a curios manner. Can
anyone help me to establish the significance of such a pointed usage of
"only this?"

NIV-- whatever happens
NRSV-- only

Respectfully submitted,