Re: Revising Funk's (Notorious) B.I.G. (was re: Funk's 3-volume set)

From: Perry L. Stepp (plstepp@flash.net)
Date: Fri Aug 13 1999 - 12:10:21 EDT

From: Carl W. Conrad <cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu>

[Ed Hobbs]
>>>Perry Stepp has written me that Daryl Schmidt did in fact say just
exactly
>>>that he was revising Funk's 3-vol. textbook.

[PLStepp]
>>Dr. Schmidt and I did in fact exchange messages regarding this yesterday,
>>and my recollection was correct. He is part of a group working toward a
>>revision of Funk's (Notorious) B.I.G. (Beginning-Intermediate Grammar).

[CWConrad]
>Sorry, I've gotta ask one LAST note for clarification: this is DIFFERENT,
>is it not, from the work of revising Blass-Debrunner-Funk? Or is it the
>only thing that the committee that Schmidt and Micheal Palmer are on are
>working on? Surely there must be TWO projects involved?

Sorry, all I know about the BDF revision is that it's being done. I don't
know who's involved, etc., although Holmes and Schmidt seem like logical
choices.

Perry L. Stepp

Pastor, DeSoto Christian Church
Ph.D. Candidate (ABD), Baylor University
#1 Cowboy fan

"There's not a library in the world that couldn't
be improved by the omission of a few of her
books."
                    --Mark Twain, on Jane Austen