Re: 1 Cor 14:34 -- LALEIN

From: Blahoslav Číčel (cbmost@iol.cz)
Date: Wed Sep 15 1999 - 01:15:48 EDT

Dne ňt, 14 z‡ż’ 1999 jste napsal(a):
> BIG SNIP
>
> Frankly, I don't think this is any MORE true in general of women than of
> men in the congregation at the time; it would depend on where in the ...
>
> Another SNIP
>
> ... had this not been essentially true. So I don't think education is a
> distinct differentiating factor between men and women in these
> congregations.
>
> (I should add that I'm satisfied that LALEIN does NOT mean "chatter" in 1
> Cor 14:34)
>

> Carl W. Conrad

Thank you. When I followed this thread I realized something, what has to do more
with the goal of Paul's letter than with the Greek itself. He writes about
discipline at the time of worship and touches the specific issues of the
Corinthians. And as we were not there, we may only think about (and
speculate of) the situation there with some level of probability. But, that is
not the aim of b-greek.

God bless you.

Blaho
pastor, Most, Czech rep.