From: Mike Sangrey (mike@sojurn.lns.pa.us)
Date: Fri Sep 17 1999 - 15:42:10 EDT

KANWN is used in Gal. 6:16 and 2 Cor. 10:13,15,16.

In Gal. 6:16 it is referring to the 'rule' of a new creation. In 2 Cor. it is
referring to a region where Paul wishes to preach the gospel.

Can someone tell me whether it refers to a region of authority or influence in
the sense of governmental region? Somewhat like the U.S. county or parish (I
think Alabama uses 'parish'). Or is it more tuned to a cultural region, like
the French district of New Orleans or China Town, only bigger?

In short, is the connotation one of government or culture?

Right now I'm leaning toward a meaning similar to the English phrase 'sphere
of authority or influence.'

Thanks ahead of time.

Mike Sangrey
Lancaster, Pa.
       There is no 'do' in faith, everywhere present within it is 'done'.
             And faith should commend itself from within every 'do'.