Re: Off-topic: Tischendorf apparat

From: Stephen C. Carlson (scarlson@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 21:29:14 EST

At 05:25 PM 1/5/00 -0800, clayton stirling bartholomew wrote:
>>From: "Kevin W. Woodruff" <cierpke@prodigy.net>
>> Novum Testamentum Graece / Constantinus Tischendorf.
>> Graz : Akademische Druck- u. Verlagsanstalt, 1965.
>> 2 v. : port. ; 20 cm.Text in Greek; pref. and notes in Latin.
>>
>> Reprint. Photographic reproduction of vols. 1-2 of the Leipzig
>> ed., ed. 8., critica maior (1869-94). Does not include the original vol. 3,
>
>I saw this reprint of Vol 1&2 or one like it with the same date (mid
>60's) for sale in a used book store in 1993 for $40. The quality of the
>photo reproduction left a lot to be desired. The apparatus was barely
>readable, looked like a 10th generation zerox on old equipment.

I picked up my reprint copy, vols. 1, 2 & 3, from a catalog store that
specializes in reprints of out-of-copyright books on textual criticism
and Calvinist Theology. Unfortunately, I don't remember their name,
but I have to be on their mailing list, so I should get a new catalog
eventually.

I thought that the quality of the reproduction was very good; though
to save costs/paper they copied two original book pages onto a single
reprint page. Although the print is not too much smaller, the binding
is odd shaped.

Stephen Carlson

--
Stephen C. Carlson                        mailto:scarlson@mindspring.com