Re: English to Greek

From: Joseph A. Weaks (
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 15:53:03 EST

When I do this, I search the electronic version of the Liddell-Scott
Lexicon on Accordance. It is available on the Perseus web site,
though I don't think you can search of English words there.
Another suggestion is that Louw & Nida's Lexicon based on semantic
domains would be a great resource for learning much NT vocabulary as
you translate English to Greek.

At 7:19 PM -0800 3/13/00, john ryan wrote:
>As I progress in my reading and study of the GNT and Attic Greek, I
>am enjoying the challenge and benefit of translating from English
>into Greek,
>However I have a problem. As I am not studying Greek formally, I
>have nowhere that I can submit questions on translating English into
>Does anyone know of an on-line forum for this? Or are there any
>individuals who have the time and interest to answer such questions?

+ Rev. Joseph A. Weaks
+ Pastor, Bethany Christian Church, Dallas
+ Ph. Student in Biblical Studies, Brite Divinity
+ Minister of the Word