Re: 1Cor 1:24

From: Roe (
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 07:29:52 EST

"Paul F. Evans" schrieb:

> Pardon my obvious ignorance but what is "G-d" and G-d's. I have seen this
> before but the significance of the designation eludes me.

Hi Paul,

I think it is indication of a preference for use of the elongated symbol
"-" over the use of the circular symbol "o", and it seems to be used
synonymously to express the same. While not personally understanding the
rationale for using a non-traditional symbol to create a
symbol-amalgamation which itself symbolizes the same thought that the
traditional-symbol symbol-amalgamation symbolizes, I appreciate that it
facilitates clear communication. Imagine the trouble we'd have with
YHWH! :-)

D. W. Roe
Rheinland/Pfalz, Germany