Re: Ok, what about grape juice (not OINOS)

From: Eric S. Weiss (
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 01:04:08 EDT

Per request, I replied off-list (or at least I'm trying to - my outgoing
mail server is down, so Ward will have to wait to get his reply) to Ward
Powers re: my sources that 1st-century Passover services likely used
alcoholic wine. But (sorry to continue this thread), I may have erred in
stating earlier to all that the Rabbis said one should drink to giddiness
at the Passover feast. I may have confused it with the rules/suggestions
for drinking at Purim, another "joyous" feast. L'Haim.