Re: Galatians (various)

From: George Athas (
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 18:07:59 EDT

> I think that there really should be no difference between META (w/acc + time) and DIA
(w/gen +
> time). It seems that they are the same. Does anyone have any other references for this
use of
> DIA? I would appreciate them.
> Jason

Perhaps 1 Tim 2:15 is a case in point. DIA THS TEKNOGONIAS seems to be implying the curse
against Eve and that women will be saved 'after' they have experienced this curse. That
is, women will be saved after they have gone through the Eve-curse so long as they are
faithful, loving, holy and self-controlled. I don't think Paul is stating that
childbearing is the agent of salvation.

Best regards,
- University of Sydney
- Southern Cross College