||I made this list after working in the real world for about a year and
half, and it's all still true:
- The real world is a lot like high school:
- You have to get up hours before your body wants to.
- Your stomach is programmed to expect lunch at exactly the same time
- Once you leave a room, there's at least an 80% chance that you will
be the next topic of conversation.
- Knowing all the gossip is at least as important as getting the job
- If you're late, you have to stay after.
- You get no respect (usually).
- Parasailing is cool.
- Being weightless is way cooler.
- Ramen noodles
are still the best meal deal in the supermarket.
- I would die without e-mail.
- It is possible to miss months of your favorite soap opera and still
be able to follow every plot line.
- The Russians are not allowing chess to be one of the games on the
International Space Station.
- As I learn more, I'll add to this highly useful list of