farmers find and share information.|
||Carolina Farm Stewardship Association|
Pittsboro, NC 27312-0448
Phone: (919) 542-2404
Fax: (919) 542-7401
Director: Laura Lauffer
Newsletter: Stewardship News, bimonthly, free to members.
- Student/Low income: $20
- Individual/Family/Farm: $30
- Organization/Business: $50
Activities & Resources:
- To promote sustainable agriculture through education, research,
demonstration and certification.
- To provide a forum for support and discussion of standards for
environmentally responsible agriculture.
- To work toward a community in which consumers can choose farm products
produced organically and growers can make a living providing these products.
- Sustainable Agriculture Conference, held each fall since 1980, has
been an exciting, educational event for anyone involved in sustainable
- Farm Tours in the Piedmont and Mountains of North Carolina,
self-guided tours of local farms.
- Organic schools in three parts of North Carolina. Regional one-day
schools with classes for beginning gardeners, advanced gardeners, and farmers.
- Stewardship News, our bi-monthly newsletter, includes
gardening, farming, and cooking tips as well as consumer information and policy
- Organic certification for farmers and processors of agricultural
products from food to fiber as well as training for local inspectors.
- Publications include our CFSA Membership Directory, marketing
guides, and more.
CFSA is active in regional and national
agricultural issues through the Southern Certifiers Caucus,
Southern Sustainable Agriculture Working Group
(SSAWG), North Carolina SAWG, Organic Certifiers Caucus, and SC Sustainable
Agriculture Network. CFSA is currently working with a North Carolina community
college to develop a local sustainable agriculture education curriculum. CFSA
is one of six participants in the North Carolina Partners in Agriculture
Project. We have representatives with the Center for Environmental Farming
Systems, and several County Extension Advisory Councils.
©1997 Committee for
Sustainable Farm Publishing
Please read about our
usage permission policy and disclaimer.
comments, suggestions and questions to the site author:
Coded using HoTMetaL Pro 3.0.
Best viewed in
Please see our credits page
for more information.