Return to Naval History and Heritage Command home page. Return to Online Library listing
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORY AND HERITAGE COMMAND
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060
Online Library of Selected Images:
-- CIVILIAN SHIPS --
Names beginning with the letter F
This page lists all F-named Civilian Ships whose
pictures are available through the Online Library.
If the ship you want is not listed on this page, contact the
concerning other research options.
F-named ships are listed below in alphabetical order.
Scan down the list until you find the ship you want, then click
its entry to access appropriate image pages.
- F.H. Wickett (Tanker, 1918). Previously named E.L. Doheny, Third. Later renamed and E.G. Seubert
- F.J. Luckenbach (Freighter, 1917)
- Fairfax (Schooner, active on the Potomac River, 1861)
- Fairmont (Collier, 1918)
- Favorite (Salvage Tug, 1907)
- Fearless (Fishing Vessel, 1877)
- Federal (Freighter, 1918)
- Felicia (Steam Yacht, 1898)
- Felix Taussig
(Freighter, 1917). Later renamed Ata
- Fidelia (Freighter, 1918). Previously named War Swift, Lake Weston, Panaghis Vergottis, Strand, Rundo, Salt and Solbritt
- Fie Jensen (Freighter, 1900). Previously named Heathcraig, Hampton, Haugarland and Winnebago. Later renamed Ontario
- Fillmore, President (Passenger Liner, 1899). Properly called President Fillmore
(Passenger Liner, 1902)
- Flag (Steamship, 1857-1876). Originally named Phineas Sprague
- Florence (Steam Yacht, 1903). Also named Quickstep
(American Steamship, 1850)
(American Freighter, 1915)
- Floridian (Refrigerated Cargo Ship, 1918). Previously named Stian and Muscatine. Later renamed Elizabeth
- Flying Enterprise
(Cargo Ship, 1944-1952), originally named Cape Kumukaki
- Foam (Steam Trawler, 1910)
- Foo Ming (Chinese Freighter, 1916). Previously named Levisa and Bjerka
- Fort Wayne (Freighter, 1918)
- Fortune (Freighter, 1919-1958). Previously named Santa Malta and Hawaiian
- Fox, J.M.
(Freighter, 1917). Properly called J.M. Fox
- Frances II (Motor
Boat, 1915). Later renamed Jimetta
(Austrian Cargo Ship, 1903). Later USS Keresaspa (ID #
- Frank H. Buck (Tanker, 1914)
- Frank Lynch (Freighter, 1918). Originally named Lake Sunapee. Later renamed Nestor, Otto, Irish Willow and Veraguas
- Franklin (Collier, 1915). Later renamed Nevadan and Oakey L. Alexander
- Frasch, Herman (Bulk Carrier, 1910). Properly called Herman Frasch
(Passenger-Cargo Ship, 1894). Previously named Wittekind and Iroquois
- Free Lance
(Steam Yacht, 1895). Later renamed Freelance
- Frieda (Bulk Carrier, 1913). Later renamed Peh Shan, Norse Carrier and Sana Maru
- Friedrich, Prinz Eitel (German Passenger-Cargo Ship, 1901). Properly called Prinz Eitel Friedrich
- Friedrich, Prinz Eitel (Passenger Steamer, 1904). Properly called Prinz Eitel Friedrich
- Fuller, Ransom B. (Coastal Passenger Steamship, 1902). Properly called Ransom B. Fuller
- Fulton, Leslie J.
(Fishing Boat, 1936)
NOTES:To the best of our knowledge, the Online Library's pictures
are all in the Public Domain, and can therefore be freely downloaded
and used for any purpose.
Some images linked from this page may bear obsolete credit lines
citing the organization name: "Naval Historical Center".
Effective 1 December 2008 the name should be cited as: "Naval
History and Heritage Command".
to Naval History and Heritage Command home page.
Page made 14 May 2002
New ship added 17 February 2011