[nafex] Grey Pearmain Apple

Hello, all,
A friend and fellow fruit grower has extolled the virtues of an apple called
Grey Pearmain.  He writes:

 "...the grey pearmain is a very obscure apple.  The Iowa Fruit, Berry,
and Nut Inventory lists 14 different pearmains but has no reference to the
Grey Pearmain.
     The Grey Pearmain is a small, russetted, late-ripening fruit.  In my
mind it has a nice crunchy texture, and a wonderful, unique flavor which is
at it's best a month after it is picked around the end of November."

I cannot find mention of it in any of my catalogs or reference books - or even
on the net., so am hoping that perhaps one of you might be able to shed some
light on this apparently desirable cultivar.  Many thanks.
Richard

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details
http://click.egroups.com/1/11231/0/_/423498/_/980645096/