Re: [nafex] Cherry Prinsepia (princepia sinensis)

I'm interested in learning about anything that will grow in zone 3, never
heard of this one. Haven't found it in the FNB inventory, and a net search
showed nothing about edible fruit, any more clues? mn del

>From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
>To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [nafex] Chilean Guavas and Cherry Prinsepia
>Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 07:28:58 -0700
>
>Prinsepia will grow in USDA zone 3, at least, so it is hardy.  I have some,
>but they have yet to set any fruit here in Oregon.  Conditions where the
>plants are located are less than ideal, but they do appear susceptible to
>brown rot, and possibly Pseudomonas.
>----------
> >From: "Robert H." <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
> >To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
> >Subject: [nafex] Chilean Guavas and Cherry Prinsepia
> >Date: Thu, Oct 18, 2001, 6:57 AM
> >

> >Howdy all,
> >
> >Just wondering if anyone has tried any of these plants and wht your
> >experiances are with them (especially if you live in the southeast)?
> >My conserns are their hardyness, fruit quality and quantity, and pest
> >and/or fungus resistance.
> >
> >How would you discribe their taste?

> >4) Include only pertinent comments/questions when replying to a posting
>and
> >NOT the entire message (especially if the initial posting was large).

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Pv4pGD/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM