[nafex] Re: Online vs. Print & Plum Pox

 Kevin, I agree, If there were an option to receive Pomona Online I wouldalso like to "Save a Tree" and forgo the paper version. I don't think anyone was discussing "Not printing Pomona" though...Just the possibility of presenting material ONLINE that would,probably not all be available through POMONA or any other printmedium. It just wouldn't be possible. You cannot have hypertextlinks, chat, audio and video clips etc. on paper. (though you canpublish links to all those things that can then be looked up on acomputer) Another thing you can't get on paper is instant feedback. I sent aduplicate of my last submission to this list to the POMONA GatheringsEditor by adding a second address to the e-mail: <gaucho@hrc.net> ItMIGHT appear in the Spring 2001 issue.With Online Chat... (Though it is possible to keep transcripts ofchat sessions... This might or might not happen). The informationrelated in a chat room is much like a face to face conversation interms of instant feedback but like the spoken word is GONE FOREVER ina few seconds. Few  will ever be able to get anything out of itunless a transcript is kept (and published somewhere).My main concern: This e-list is very dynamic but it carries on withlittle if any reference to POMONA or the rest of the NAFEX membershipthat may or may not ever participate in the e-list. For some numbers:there are currently about 200 members on this e-list. Probably fewerACTIVE members. NAFEX membership as a whole numbers over 3,000. Soless than 7 percent of NAFEX is actually participating in thise-list. What percentage would participate in an online chat?To help balance things out... I really don't know if this has alreadybeen done or discussed... (I only have one current issue of POMONA sofar)... but perhaps someone could condense the discussions on thise-list to be included in POMONA from time to time... or published asa supplement.Since joining this list I can hardly keep up with the volume ofinformation being exchanged. It is like getting

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/423498/_/975780362/