[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Perenial Potatoes??

In article <4v4se0$1mei@ds2.acs.ucalgary.ca>,
thodges@freenet.calgary.ab.ca (T Hodges) wrote:

> Perhaps try to keep the soil surface and canopy as dry as possible,
> that may slow down the growth of problematic microbes.

One place that gave tips suggested growing them in bushel baskets
indoors.  These are large enough to contain a potato plant, and have
sufficient drainage.  If they aren't too expensive, you could even trash
them when you harvest.  I think that the point of the tip, was that the
potatoes would grow out the top and through the slats as well, so that the
inner part would be mostly potatoes.  Other than that, I think that you
might be able to try almost any kind.

CEL

--
Zone 5/6 (sometimes even 7),  intermountain region, Western USA
What this means is dry, with extremes in temp!

"This is a professional.  Do not try this in your own home."

Follow-Ups: References: