Re: [permaculture] Re: Does Permaculture have to be so expensiv

http://metalab.unc.edu/london   InterGarden
london@metalab.unc.edu   lflondon@worldnet.att.net

On Wed, 19 May 1999, Thilo Pfennig wrote:

> But this is not the question. And teachers who get ten times more in pay would
> not be the solution of the problem, either. An teacher who get nothing paid are
> also not a solution. This is a structural problem and has one of his roots in
> the property rights for information. The freedom of information is too
> expensive for most people.

> If we manage to distribute our information faster and better as the one of
> Monsanto or Shell, this may really change things.

Short of having our own T-1 lines with webservers on them we still have
access right now providing us with the ability to exchange large
quantities of info: CD's, tapes, web/ftp sites. The format in which the
info is delivered needs working on. Hence, SGML, XML via the Web and
tools for creating CD's with well organized/structured information: text,
multimedia, interactive features, indexing, searching. CD's with turnkey
databases (XML?) that we can add our own resources to.

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: london@metalab.unc.edu