Re: weed control

Kelly,
I've seen some research in this area and personally feel that there is
some merit in the idea. Weeds tend to grow in "less fertile" soil, with
the key being "balanced soil". It is a direction to go but not a cure
all for weed control. Certain weeds can be indicaters of a soil nutient
deficency. Try to find the book "An Acres USA Primer". Another one from
ACRES USA is "Science in Agriculture" -Arden B. Anderson. "Weeds as Soil
Indicaters" -Susan Sides; Mother Earth News JUL/AUG 1987.  I also came
across a little hand out called "Weeds Why?" from McCarman Farms
(616)636-8226.  Hope it helps!

Check out our website! http://www2.epix.net/~cmfarm/
Steve Groff
Cedar Meadow Farm