Re: Vision for sustainability

>Victoria Mundy wrote:
>
>I have followed the discussion lately with interest; it seems that
>sustainability deals with many more issues than just the physical fact of
>food.  People have talked about gender, equality, justice, fulfillment,
>Spirit...many things.
>
>I would be interested in hearing what people's VISIONS are for a
>"sustainable" world.  What would the world look like, what would it be like
>if we could truly achieve that goal?  Why would it be important that it be
>just that way?
>
>Please, if you choose to answer this question, stay away from telling us
>HOW you would get there; talking about methods will likely precipitate
>fruitless circular discussions.  I also ask that people refrain from
>criticizing others' ideas...if you have questions about what someone
>proposes, please make them true questions which show that you honor the
>thoughts, instead of veiled objections.
>
>Thank you all so much, I have learned a great deal from you all, and look
>forward to more.

I believe the issue of the future (including in the US) will be land reform.
It is important to have at least 30% of the people on the land.  I
personally would like to see more than that.  Corporate control of water,
genetic
materials (ie seeds), and land is frightening and very dangerous.

Oil is fueling agribusiness at present.  It won't last forever, hopefully.

Bruce Brummitt
Lilac Moon Experimental Living Center
Osage, MN  56570  USA