                             ***
                   Pesticide Action Network
                        North America
                       Updates Service
                 http://www.panna.org/panna/
            =====================================

Resource Pointer #128

May 28, 1997

For copies of the following resources, please contact the
appropriate publishers or organizations directly.

                         ***

*National Organic Directory, 1997.* Community Alliance with
Family Farmers (CAFF). Provides information about labeling,
certification and laws pertinent to organic products. Lists
organic farmers, wholesalers, farm suppliers, resource
groups, publications and certification organizations,
including brief descriptions and contact information. Lists
organic commodities bought and sold worldwide (most listings
are in U.S.). Chapters describe issues important to organic
agriculture, such as organic food exports, certification,
National Organic Standards, U.S. state organic laws, organic
marketing and the internet. 386 pp. US$44.95 (plus $3.48
sales tax in California) plus $6 shipping (contact CAFF for
shipping fees to other countries). CAFF, P.O. Box 363, Davis,
CA 95617; phone (916) 756-8518; fax (916) 756-7857; email
nod@caff.org.

*The Crop Protection Directory, International Edition, 1997.*
Elaine Warrell, ed. Gives contact information and
descriptions of organizations, businesses, government
agencies, associations and other entities related to crop
protection worldwide. Organizes information according to
subject area, including international funding, agrochemicals,
IPM, biotechnology, public health/vector control, crop
storage, environment and information sources. Includes brief
overview of each of these subjects. 322 pp. US$215. Elaine
Warrell Associates, 105 Lee Road, London SE3 9DZ, UK; phone
(44 181) 852-6158; fax (44 181) 297-0789.

*1997 International Pesticide Directory, 1997.* Research
Information. Provides contact information for pesticide
manufacturers worldwide, and lists each company's pesticide
products. Provides one-sentence descriptions of 3,200
pesticide products including names of active ingredients, and
cross lists this with 633 active ingredients. 126 pp. US$68.
Research Information, Ltd., 222 Maylands Avenue, Hemel
Hempstead, Herts. HP2 7TD, UK; phone (44 144) 221-3222; fax
(44 144) 225-9395; email resinf@globalnet.co.uk.

*The Environmentalist's Guide to the Public Library, 1997.*
Libraries for the Future. Describes how to use public
libraries for researching information for environmental
campaigns or organizing. Discusses information available in
libraries, such as useful books, as well as information that
can be accessed with help from libraries, such as internet
resources or certain government documents. Includes several
case studies of how environmental organizations use libraries
and how libraries develop their potential as environmental
resource centers. Provides contact information and brief
descriptions of organizations that provide environmental
information. 32 pp. Free. Libraries for the Future, 121 West
27th Street, Suite 1102, New York, NY 10001; phone toll free
(800) 542-1918 or (212) 352-2342; email lff@lff.org;
http://www.lff.org.

*Northwest Coalition for Alternatives to Pesticides (NCAP)
Web Page.* NCAP. Updated web site provides information about
pesticides and alternatives. Currently provides fact sheets
about pesticides imazapyr and glyphosate (Roundup), and
control of ants and cockroaches. Includes action alerts and
allows web site visitors to sign up for free copy of "Journal
of Pesticide Reform," NCAP's quarterly periodical. Lists fact
sheets and articles available from NCAP. NCAP, P.O. Box 1393,
Eugene, OR 97440; phone (541) 344-5044; fax (541) 344-6923;
email ncap@pesticide.org; http://www.efn.org/~ncap.

We encourage those interested in having resources listed in
the Online Resource Pointer to send review copies of
publications, videos or other sources to our office (address
listed below) or to contact Information Program Associate
Adam Kirshner for further information.