Re: Soil Quality Training

Maurice,
	There was a two-day training session with extension and NRCS staff
as the primary audience held for the Northeast Region at Rodale Institute
and involving instructors from a number of land grant institutions as well
as from Rodale.This is part of a two year SARE PRofessional Development
Grant to develop and deliver an educational program plus materials that
field professionals can use for their programs. There is also a second
effort in the NE Region to evaluate materials that are already available
in the areas of soil quality and nutrient management and to identify gaps.

	Please contact Laurie Drinkwater <ldrink@rodaleinst.org>
for more information about the training workshop. For more information
regarding the effort to evaluate materials please contact Michelle
Infante, with Rutgers Coop. Extension <minfante@aesop.rutgers.edu>.

	I would be interested in any information you receive from others
regarding your question. ALSO, if you have a list of resources, please
forward them to Michelle so that she could be sure that we have them all.

FRED

				Fred Magdoff
			Northeast Region SARE Program
				Hills Building