Re: GBlist: Plaster substitute?

Pieced together probably means seams between the pieces and the material
I am assuming is drywall pieces. You need to have something cover the
seams or cracks will develop as the building moves. Plaster (and I mean
plaster not compound formulations) is quite cheap. A method of texturing
walls and covering seams is to use burlap (jute bags). Cut the burlap
into squares. Mix up plaster in a large container (not too thin) put in
the burlap, mix it up and slap it on the wall. Repeat.  Any fabric will
work and cement mixes (or stucco) will work as well. I would suggest
flour paste mixes and paper scraps for basic economy but I am not sure
how it would survive with any kind of humidity.

John