Re: GBlist: 2x4 studs

Michael

Ned may have been referring to a study conducted by Energy Conservation
Mgt (John Spears, 410-332-0644) for the Polyisocyanurate Insulation Mfg
Assoc. They concluded that 2x4 with foam sheathing is more economical
than 2x6 framing with cavity insulation. I haven't fully digested the
study, but the conclusion sounds reasonable given the increasing cost of
lumber. As long as you have no aversion to covering a building with
plastic. You might want to contact John for a copy.

Bruce S