Re: GBlist: Low Cost Housing

i have been working for Enermodal Engineering in Denver for a few months
now, and a project we have been working on for a while might interest
you. i sounds like what you are discussing.  we are doing a prpject
funded by the EPA for the Denver Housing Authority- it is an
environmental justice research - design- then build project.  it is
intended to be low income housing, however special attention is placed on
environmentally friendly materials, energy efficiency, and indoor air
quality.  just because the people dont have money doesn mean they should
live in unhealthy places.   one of the aspects of the work we are doing
involves the Energy Efficient Mortgage- where those wanting to buy a
house that meets the E-Star requirements- can reduce the percentage of
the loan, can reduce the downpayment, and can thus afford a more
expensive home.  if you want more information on this- please contact me.

Samantha M.