Re: GBlist: windows

Frazer,

Thanks for the suggestion, but the reason the windows need to be changed
is because they are old jalousies that do not even close tightly.  My
only concern is whether to specify double paned, low-e; single paned with
reflective coating; or double paned with argon.  Testing at this point
would be somewhat a waste.

I would be interested to know which brands of windows you have used and
which you feel have the best performance and
lasting value in our climate.  I thought of suggesting wood windows after
seeing some of the postings.  I don't know if Wilmar is available here
but it was a possibility.
Thank you for any suggestions.

Beverly A. Weiter
Environs Interiors