Finally got some birding in...

I've been spending the last 1 1/2 months or so staring enviously at
reports flying by, unable to find enough time to get out and bird (aside
from couple of glorious days in Arizona :-))) ).  So yesterday presented
me with a couple of happy hours to while away wandering through Mason
Farm.  I didn't see anything special, but I did find a poor Barred Owl
(one of the largest I've ever seen) high in an oak being mobbed by some
Blue Jays, and I saw a Sharpie alight briefly on a nearby snag - always
nice to see those.  And the songs of White-Throateds were just lovely on
a sunny (albeit breezier than I like) day.  And any day birding is
well-spent, IMHO.

On a note following up on recent discussions of irruptive species, I
follow the Maryland lists (there are several), and they've been seeing
good numbers of Siskins, too, so...but I have not yet seen reports of
any Evebeaks (get out your $$$ when the "pigs with wings" arrive)...

Also saw reports of abnormally large numbers of Kinglets (both flavors)
moving through - so maybe we'll have a fun Winter!

Happy Birding!

-Sandy, who's going to bird as much as possible in the next month

--
Sandy Cash
Carrboro, N.C.