Snow Goose-Hooper Lane

Hi everyone,
I birded  around an hour later this afternoon at Hooper Lane and it was
pretty quiet . I was a few 100 feet from Hwy. 191 when I spotted a larger
bird with a white head circling over head.  I got my binoculars on it
and was surprised to see it was a Snow Goose. The head and part of the
upper neck was white with most of  the rest  grey.  It came down as if it
were going to land but took off again and was last seen flying toward
191. Hopefully it was looking for a place to spend the night and will
stay around for a few days so some others will see it.
I went over to Lake Osceola in Hendersonville for a few minutes just
before dark and saw several Ring-necked Ducks,  an American Widgeon, &
several Gadwalls with the other usual ducks and geese.

Ben

Ben & Carol Ringer
Hendersonville, NC
bcringer@juno.com