[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Raven at UNCC; nesting Barred Owls
- To: "'email@example.com'" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Raven at UNCC; nesting Barred Owls
- From: "Harrold, Eric S" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 20:49:16 -0500
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
A couple of months ago I was pretty sure I saw a Raven fly across the
UNC-Charlotte campus. A week or so ago I definitely saw a Raven and heard it
give its characteristic gurgling call. Was it just passing through?
Apparently so, as I have not otherwise seen them on campus.
During the past two weeks 4 of our 6 tagged rural female owls have started
incubating. I recently found one new nest that is 600 meters from another
nest. It'll be neat to see just how tightly they can pack into suburban vs.