topics/apps assignments

	here is the tentative assignment of topiics
	 (2 class days)  and applications (1 day).

	talk to me in email if you have strong preferences
	 about particular topics.

	   1) Health of Internet--Sai, Matt, Chris B.
	   2) I-Commerce --Jennifer, John M., Karl
	   3) anonymity-- Erika, Nathan, Lynette
	   4) censorship-- Joey, Kim R.
	   5) information quality--Maggie, Margaret, Serena
	   6) distance education(replaces slander)--mark k., gary, dj
	Applications (1 day will be added for Web Databases)
	   1) Steaming Audio--Erika, Gary, Kim R.
	   2) StreamingVideo-- Mark K., Matt D., Chris B.
	   3) I-Phones/Vid-Phones---DJ, Nathan, Serena
	   4) Castanent/Pushing Technology---Sai, Maggie, Karl
	   5) Collaborative Tools---Margaret, Joey, John
	   6) Web Database--- Lynette, Jennifer

Bert J Dempsey, Assistant Professor
School of Information and Library Science
CB 3360, 100 Manning Hall
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3360

Phone:  919-962-8066 (direct)
Phone:  919-962-8366 (to leave voice messages)
Fax:    919-962-8071

Office Hours: by appointment
Email:  bert@ils.unc.edu
Home Page: http://ils.unc.edu/~bert/