From: D. Anthony Storm (
Date: Thu May 02 1996 - 10:41:51 EDT

I noticed that all the lists I am on get a deluge of ads. I also know that the addresses are phony, so that you
cannot write back and flame the sender. However, I note that these phony addresses often have the ""
tag. I have emailed AOL. I am waiting for a response.

For you technically minded, are these messages really coming from an AOL customer or am I wasting my time? Can
anything be done? Sorry for this off-discussion post, but I am sure these ads are bothering us all.

D. Anthony Storm, CUNY, Graduate Center
"C'est le coeur qui sent Dieu et non la raison." Pascal