Re: John 6 and KAI EUQUS

From: Lance Crimm (Lance_Crimm@daystar.com)
Date: Fri Jun 20 1997 - 09:26:38 EDT

                      RE>>John 6 and KAI EUQUS 6/20/97
I agree. I severely doubt that John employed EUQEWS from Mark's influence.
It was a word in the common greek langauage to express the idea he wanted
to express. Back to my original exegetical question: Why did John use this and
does it mean immediate in a sudden, temporal sense or as Zerwick would
tend to say that it was an action following a previous action?

I am leaning towards the former but wrestling whether all the uses in Mark
of EUQUS is consistent in my thinking. I look forward to hearing from all
so that I can gain a deeper understanding of how the original text applies to
our very lives.

Thanks so much,
Lance