Re: Changes in UBS GNT 4th ed

From: Dale M. Wheeler (dalemw@teleport.com)
Date: Fri Aug 08 1997 - 13:05:30 EDT

For those of you/us "minutiae-ologists" out there, it isn't *exactly* true
that UBS3 text = UBS4 text = NA26/27 text...

There are punctuation differences between the two.

There are differences of capitalization, some caused by the preceding.

NA26 was changed to match UBS3/4 for NA27 at 2Tim 3:25 by moving the iota
subscript on DWH. There were some other changes, all minor, as well.

There are some actual differences between UBS4 and NA27, all of them I've
encountered--if memory serves-- are because of differences in how a word is
split/not split, eg., 1Cor 6:3 MHTIGE or MHTI GE.

I've not encountered any different words or word orders, however.

XAIREIN...

Dale M. Wheeler, Th.D.
Research Professor in Biblical Languages Multnomah Bible College
8435 NE Glisan Street Portland, OR 97220
Voice: 503-251-6416 FAX:503-254-1268 E-Mail: dalemw@teleport.com