From: Steve Long (
Date: Mon Aug 24 1998 - 05:32:17 EDT

B-greekers all,

I'm having a little trouble reading EXETE as an imperative here, and I
would appreciate a lttle feedback. My main difficulty is an imperative
would seem to start the flow of the sentence toward a dative QEW, whereas
the genetive QEOU seems to push the flow of the sentence back toward an
indicative. "You have faith concerning/from God". I know I don't have the
technical language to properly describe the difficulty, but I hope you get
the idea.

Have faith of God! shouldn't it be EXETE PISTIN QEW

You have faith of God

or perhaps as an inquiry,
Have you faith of God?

Maybe I'm reading too much into the directional qualities of the genitive
and dative cases, but it seems the genitive wants a more passive verb than
an imperative. If I'm making some obvious error, please be gentle (remember
I'm self-taught).

Steve Long