Sheffield NT vols. on sale

From: Rodney J. Decker (rdecker@bbc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 05 1999 - 11:37:47 EST

Sheffield Press is currently running a great sale that includes a number of
titles directly related to the language of the NT. I've listed the most
significant (and directly related to the focus of b-greek). All here are
from JSNTSupp series.

Listed in the category of NT text, language, and interpretation:

Porter, ed., *The Language of the Greek NT: Classic Essays* list $70.00,
sale, $10.00 (that's NOT a typo, it is ten dollars). This is a valuable
collection of articles well worth owning.

Porter and Carson, eds., *Biblical Greek Language and Linguistics: Open
Questions in Current Research* list $60.00, sale $16.50. This contains the
essays and responses that formed the basis of the 1991 Kansas City debate
re. verbal aspect between Porter and Fanning, with responses by Silva and
Schmidt + a very good intro. essay by Carson. There are also a number of
other articles not related to the aspect debate.

Porter and Carson, *Discourse Analysis and Other Topics in Biblical Greek*
list $65.00, sale $23.00.

Sheffield's toll free # from the US is (800) 747-0374. Add 10% for
shipping. And no, I have no connection with Sheffield and make no profit
from any sales.

Rod

Rodney J. Decker, Th.D. Baptist Bible Seminary
Dept. of NT P.O. Box 800, Clarks Summit, PA 18411
http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/
The *Resources for NT Study* page is accessible at:
http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/rd_rsrc.htm