live discussions???

From: Jim West (
Date: Tue Apr 06 1999 - 10:38:16 EDT

I hope this does not seem too "off the wall"- but I have been considering
the possibility of our supplementing email discussion with live discussions
in the "chat" room (I prefer to describe it as a "faculty lounge"- but be
that as it may...) on my web site.

My idea is:
1- to set a topic for discussion
2- to set a time and date for said discussion
3- and to have someone knowlegable on that particular topic (preferably the
person who suggests it) be the primary respondent to the questions or
comments posed.
4- such discussions being planned for about an hour in length.

What think ye? dumb idea or something worth pursuing?
(apologies for cross postings)

Jim West, ThD
Petros Baptist Church- Pastor
Quartz Hill School of Theology- Adjunct Prof. of Bible

fax- 978-231-5986
web page-