Re: 'instrumental-comitative dative' - beginners guide to grammatical terms

From: Jay Adkins (
Date: Wed Jun 16 1999 - 10:33:30 EDT

Dear Jonathan Ryder,

As a ĪLittle Greek' I would like to contribute the following:
Daniel B. Wallace in his Book, Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics, has a very
through discussion of the 5 verse 8 case debate, pages 32-35. One is based
on form (5 cases) and the other on function (8 cases).

He also uses 33 genitives and 29 datives, but I could not find the dative
you mentioned??? That may give a clue as to which one he follows.

For what it is worth.

Jay Adkins