Return to Naval History and Heritage Command home page. Return to Online Library listing
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORY AND HERITAGE COMMAND
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060
Online Library of Selected Images:
-- U.S. NAVY SHIPS --
Names beginning with the letter U
This page lists all U-named U.S. Navy Ships whose
pictures are available through the Online Library.
If the ship you want is not listed on this page, contact the
concerning other research options.
U-named ships are listed below in alphabetical order.
Scan down the list until you find the ship you want, then click
its entry to access appropriate image pages.
- U-2513 (former German Type XXI submarine), 1946-1951
- U-3008 (former German Type XXI submarine), 1946-1956
- U.S. Grant (AP-29), 1941-1945. Previously USS Madawaska (ID # 3011), 1917-1919; and USAT Madawaska and USAT U.S. Grant, 1919-1941
- Uhlmann (DD-687), 1943-1974
- Unadilla (1861-1869)
- Uncas (SP-689),
1917-1918. Later renamed SP-689
- Undaunted (ID # 1950, later AT-58, YT-125, AT-58 and ATO-58), 1918-1947
- Underhill (DE-682),
- Underwriter (ID # 1390, later YT-44), 1918-1922. Renamed Adirondack in 1920
- Unimak (AVP-31),
- Uniontown (PF-65),
1944-1946. Originally named Chattanooga
- United States (1797-1861).
Later became CSS United States, 1861-1862
- United States
(CC-6), 1919 Program -- construction cancelled, 1923.
- United States
(CVA-58), Fiscal Year 1949 -- construction cancelled, April 1949.
- Upshur (Destroyer # 144, later DD-144 and AG-103), 1918-1947
- Upshur, Abel P. (DD-193), 1920-1940. Properly called Abel P. Upshur
- Utah (BB-31, later
- Utowana (SP-951), 1917-1920
NOTES:To the best of our knowledge, the Online Library's pictures
are all in the Public Domain, and can therefore be freely downloaded
and used for any purpose.
Some images linked from this page may bear obsolete credit lines
citing the organization name: "Naval Historical Center".
Effective 1 December 2008 the name should be cited as: "Naval
History and Heritage Command".
to Naval History and Heritage Command home page.
New ship added 22 November 2010