Re: Costs of metal roofs? (was: Re: GBlist: Alternativeroofing products)

> From: DARRIN THORNTON <epsform@cdsnet.net>
> To: Edward J Hartnett <ejh@idcomm.com>
> Subject: Re: Costs of metal roofs? (was: Re: GBlist: Alternativeroofing
products)
> Date: Tuesday, April 15, 1997 4:12 PM
>
> Ed ,
> is that a 500 square roof or 500 square foot roof??? Big difference.

500 square foot roof.

What's a square?

I just read an article in the paper that tells me that Boulder Co. is one
of the most dangerous fire counties in the USA (third most dangerous as I
recall).

They went over the details of a fire about ten years ago that burned over
50 homes. Metal roofs were mentioned as a common precaution against fire.
Also the county has a "wildfire mitigation plan" that is decided on a case
by case basis by the county people. It involves thinning trees within 30
feet of your house, and thining underbrush, etc.

So a metal roof is looking attractive. Are they really easier to install
for the owner-builder?

Thanks for the info!

Ed