Re: GBlist: RE: carpenter ants

What do carpenter ants look like, what length, color, etc.?

What do the holes they make in wood look like, approx. diameter,
average number of holes/linear foot of lumber, i.e. floor joists.

I think I may have a major problem with them. The fungus attractant
theory is consistent with conditions in the area in question under my
house. I may be faced with removing 12X28 feet of floor and band joists.

I am now thinking that I may not want to stuff fiberglass insulation batts
between joists in my crawl space to avoid infestations.. Theory: rising
damp creates favorable moisture conditions for carpenter ants between
underside of subfloor and top of insulation batts. I am thinking of
using multiple layers of Foamular instead.